Are you interested in becoming a volunteer?
We have many volunteer opportunities at Beth Donovan Hospice:
- Client visiting or support for Caregiver relief (In home visiting)
- Grief, bereavement, and caregiver support
- Day Hospice program client support and/or meal preparation
- Day Hospice Program Driver
- Fundraising Committee– volunteers are needed to solicit from businesses, assist with planning for various events such as A Taste for Hospice, Hike for Hospice, and A Carole for Hospice.
- Administrative volunteering – volunteers are needed to help cover our front desk, book appointments, greet clients, help with equipment lending, data entry, and other office duties.
- Special Event Days – join us for the day at any of our special events to help deliver an enjoyable, fun day for community members and to raise money for Hospice services.
- Gardening Committee – help plan, create and maintain our gardens
- Maintenance Committee – help maintain our lovely forever home.
Some volunteers are required to take our 30-hour training provided by HPCO to become familiar with our mission, vision and philosophy of hospice and the full range of client care activities. All volunteers will receive ongoing support, education and training and are evaluated as part of the training program. We have a need for In Home Visiting volunteers in our area.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering in hospice is very rewarding. You get to meet and interact with many different people and form relationships based on respect, caring and understanding.
Hospice volunteers help:
- Make a difference in people’s lives.
- Develop a wide range of skills and experience.
- Help bring changes to their communities.
- Make a difference in the lives of our clients and their loved ones.
- Create a wide network of friendships and acquaintances.